Welcome to the Anomic Age
The Anomic Age is a weekly web based program hosted by John Age. Each week will offer another piece to the puzzle, with compelling interviews from guests covering a variety of topics. No topics are off limits, but the mainstay of the show will be to examine far-ranging topics from Government Corruption, Conspiracy, Cover-ups, to Propaganda, Health & Wellness, Science, Christianity, and World Events.
The word anomie comes from the Greek anomos, meaning without laws. It is typically attributed to Émile Durkheim, who introduced the term to the scientific community in the late 1800’s. Anomie is used to describe the following states: normlessness, mismatch of standards, moral deregulation, and social instability. More to the point, I use the term anomic to describe our country’s current condition, a state of social instability brought on by an ever increasing decay of any semblance of norms, morality, or ethics.
To anyone paying attention, this is obviously not a surprise. Unfortunately, there seems to be fewer and fewer people actually paying attention. The intent of this program is to educate, inform, to spur people into taking accountability and lawful action.
Thank you for your interests in the program and the topics. Remember: speak the truth, bang the drum, and do your part. No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.
- Who Is Right – Stocks Or Bonds?Authored by Steve Englander via Standard Chartered, Fed funds futures price the Fed to ease in the next two years; equities are at their highest so far in 2019 The Fed reaction function reconciles the apparent contradiction With inflation risk low, investors expect the Fed to act to stabilise growth We think this will support equity-market expectations if there is any sign of activity slowing Put a little love in the Fed’s heart Several clients and commentators have noted the apparent contradiction in robust equity markets and expectations of Fed ... read more
- WTI Spikes After Huge Inventory DrawsWTI’s post-API surprise crude draw rally stuttered this morning as uncertainty over the status of trade negotiations between the U.S. and China stoked concerns over global economic growth. “The energy complex is on the back foot as it takes its cues from a pullback on global stock markets,” Stephen Brennock and Tamas Varga, analysts at PVM Oil Associates Ltd., wrote in a report. “This is in spite of a bullish API report.” API Crude -2.133mm (+1.75mm exp) Cushing -317k Gasoline -2.794mm Distillates -1.607mm DOE Crude -9.59mm (+1.75mm exp, Whisper +66k) - biggest since ... read more
- All You Need To Know About Today’s FOMC Decision, And How To Trade ItWelcome to the Fed's "day of humiliation." Today's FOMC policy decision is eagerly anticipated by investors who, as Bloomberg notes, are "looking for further details about what the pivot to patience on rates means, how the new "dot plot" will look and how policy makers will approach inflation-targeting and balance-sheet runoff." Said otherwise, what investors are really looking for is whether the Fed will be humiliated even more when, somehow, it pivots even more dovishly after its stunning dovish reversal in January, by cutting the dot plot to just 1+1 ... read more
- FedEx Is Talking As If A Global Recession Has Already Begun… And The Numbers Back That UpAuthored by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog, “Slowing international macroeconomic conditions” is just a fancy way to say that the global economy is in big trouble. For months, I have been warning that economic conditions are deteriorating, and we just keep getting more confirmation that we are facing the worst global downturn since the last financial crisis. For the second time in three months, FedEx has slashed its revenue forecast for this year. In an attempt to explain why revenue is ... read more
- Mike Pence Comforts Victims of Nebraska Flooding DisasterVice President Mike Pence traveled on behalf of President Trump to flooding disaster areas in Nebraska on Tuesday. ... read more