Welcome to the Anomic Age
The Anomic Age is a weekly web based program hosted by John Age. Each week will offer another piece to the puzzle, with compelling interviews from guests covering a variety of topics. No topics are off limits, but the mainstay of the show will be to examine far-ranging topics from Government Corruption, Conspiracy, Cover-ups, to Propaganda, Health & Wellness, Science, Christianity, and World Events.
The word anomie comes from the Greek anomos, meaning without laws. It is typically attributed to Émile Durkheim, who introduced the term to the scientific community in the late 1800’s. Anomie is used to describe the following states: normlessness, mismatch of standards, moral deregulation, and social instability. More to the point, I use the term anomic to describe our country’s current condition, a state of social instability brought on by an ever increasing decay of any semblance of norms, morality, or ethics.
To anyone paying attention, this is obviously not a surprise. Unfortunately, there seems to be fewer and fewer people actually paying attention. The intent of this program is to educate, inform, to spur people into taking accountability and lawful action.
Thank you for your interests in the program and the topics. Remember: speak the truth, bang the drum, and do your part. No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.
- Investigation reveals holes in Mueller’s conclusionsRobert Mueller Some of the key claims in Robert Mueller’s 448-page special counsel report on allegations of Trump-Russia collusion aren’t supported by evidence, according to an analysis. Real Clear Investigations reports Mueller that while Mueller found no conspiracy between Trump’s campaign and Russia, he presented “voluminous details to support the sweeping conclusion that the Kremlin worked to secure Trump’s victory.” The Mueller report “claims that the interference operation occurred ‘principally’ on two fronts: Russian military intelligence officers hacked and leaked embarrassing Democratic Party documents, and a government-linked troll farm orchestrated ... read more
- As Trump Backs Down, The Pips SqueakAuthored by Tom Luongo, Last week it was all fire and brimstone. The US was threatening more sanctions on Iran, the Brits were seizing oil tankers and Iran was violating the JCPOA. This week things look different all of a sudden. An oil tanker goes dark while passing through the Strait of Hormuz, the story fails to get any real traction and the US allows Iranian Foreign Minister, recently sanctioned, to do his job at the United Nations. Trump then holds a cabinet meeting where he reiterates that “We’re not looking for ... read more
- Despite Plenty Of Improvements, Trump Hasn’t Built A Single Mile Of New Border FencingAfter more than two years fighting with Democrats over border security, the Trump administration has replaced plenty of dilapidated barriers - yet hasn't built a single mile of border fencing in open, unprotected sections of the southern US border, according to the Washington Examiner's Anna Giaritelli. In a statement last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the federal agency overseeing border barrier construction, confirmed that all the fencing completed since Trump took office is "in place of dilapidated designs" because the existing fence was in ... read more
- Why Powell Fears A Gold StandardAuthored by Mike Gleason via The Mises Institute, Chairman Powell’s testimony last week was closely scrutinized not just for its economic implications but also for its political overtones. Powell cited “trade tensions” as cause for concern about the strength of the global economy. He clearly seemed to be blaming President Trump’s tariffs. But if the tariffs are what ultimately move the Fed to cut rates, Trump will have finally gotten what he wants out of Powell. In recent weeks, Trump has stepped ... read more
- Noah’s Ark, rainbows, God get Christians banned from nursery-rhyme sing-alongs(Image courtesy Pixabay) An organization that has provided its services to a library for eight years, organizing nursery-rhyme sing-alongs for the under-5 set, has been banished from ever doing it again. Because the songs occasionally mentioned God. The Christian Institute explained the Noah’s Ark Rhyme Time had been a monthly fixture at the Burgess Hill Library for eight years in West Sussex, England. Then library officials told the group to go away. They objected to songs such as “Mr. Noah Built an Ark” and “God Has Made a Rainbow.” Library officials ... read more