Welcome to the Anomic Age
The Anomic Age is a weekly web based program hosted by John Age. Each week will offer another piece to the puzzle, with compelling interviews from guests covering a variety of topics. No topics are off limits, but the mainstay of the show will be to examine far-ranging topics from Government Corruption, Conspiracy, Cover-ups, to Propaganda, Health & Wellness, Science, Christianity, and World Events.
The word anomie comes from the Greek anomos, meaning without laws. It is typically attributed to Émile Durkheim, who introduced the term to the scientific community in the late 1800’s. Anomie is used to describe the following states: normlessness, mismatch of standards, moral deregulation, and social instability. More to the point, I use the term anomic to describe our country’s current condition, a state of social instability brought on by an ever increasing decay of any semblance of norms, morality, or ethics.
To anyone paying attention, this is obviously not a surprise. Unfortunately, there seems to be fewer and fewer people actually paying attention. The intent of this program is to educate, inform, to spur people into taking accountability and lawful action.
Thank you for your interests in the program and the topics. Remember: speak the truth, bang the drum, and do your part. No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.
- Air Force Requests Billions For F-15X FightersThe US Air Force is set to request funds to purchase F-15 fighter jets from Boeing, increasing its inventory with an upgraded version of the plane it last procured in 2001, even as the service pursues fifth-generation fighters from rival Lockheed Martin Corp. The service's fiscal year 2020 budget request will include eight of Boeing's new F-15X, Bloomberg reports, the first installment of an 80-plane order over the next five years. If the budget request is accepted, it will mark the first US purchase of the fighter jet ... read more
- Kamala faces scrutiny over Smollett ‘modern day lynching’ comment(London Independent) Senator Kamala Harris visited New Hampshire on Monday for the first time in her life, and quickly experienced the realities of being a presidential candidate: She faced questions from national reporters about her political ideology and her description of the alleged assault on actor Jussie Smollett as “an attempted modern day lynching,” followed by a town hall-style forum with a big crowd of more than 1,000 voters. Unlike most presidential hopefuls, who come to New Hampshire years before the primary, Ms Harris — who is from California ... read more
- Yellowstone Supervolcano Eruption Fears Rise As Geysers Become More ActiveSubmitted by Mac Slavo of SHTFPlan.com Some of Yellowstone’s geysers have been more active lately reigniting fears that the massive supervolcano will erupt. The sudden bursts of steaming hot water highlight the dramatic nature of Yellowstone while reminding us we are all at the caldera’s mercy. While average people seemed concerned, geologists seemed excited and thrilled when Yellowstone’s steamboat geyser began erupting again in 2018. It has been erupting as often as once a week since last March, according to ... read more
- Why Startups Are Low-Balling Valuations When Assigning Employee Stock OptionsStart up companies become "conveniently" pessimistic about their valuations prior to going public when stock options are handed out to employees, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis. The lower valuations create a windfall for employees and can lower their tax burdens going forward. The report analyzed recent initial public offerings and identified 68 companies that gave employees stock options to buy about $1.5 billion worth of stock during the 12 month run up to each respective company's IPO. The fair market value of those shares, however, was an estimated $2.2 billion ... read more
- Peter Tork, Monkees’ Lovable Bass-Guitar Player, Dead at 77LOS ANGELES (AP) — Peter Tork, who rose to teen-idol fame in 1966 playing the lovably clueless bass guitarist in the made-for-television rock band The Monkees, has died. ... read more